Nov. 13, 2011
Five local entrepreneurs were among 20 Canadians under the age of 30 honoured for their entrepreneurial excellence by the FuEL Awards (Future Entrepreneurial Leaders).
Ian Portsmouth, editor-in-chief of PROFIT, which produced the awards in co-operation with Impact Entrepreneurship Group, said “The winners of the FuEL Awards are eager young Canadians, brimming with innovative ideas and a passion for creating a better future.
“They are role models for Canada’s youth, and the cornerstone of the country’s economic prospects.”
Winners were selected through public votes and a review by a blue-ribbon panel of judges on the following criteria: product-service innovation; community building-social responsibility; job creation-employment practices; and commercial results-potential.
The five local recipients were:
- Arash Afrooze, 27, Burnaby, HiretheWorld.com (HiretheWorld Enterprises Inc.);
- Kenshi Arasaki, 28, Vancouver, A Thinking Ape Technologies Inc.;
- Rattan Bagga, 26, Burnaby, Jiva Organics Manufacturing and Distributing Inc.;
- Amit Sandhu, 26, Richmond, Ampri Group; and
- Kyle Vucko, 26, Vancouver, Indochino Apparel Inc.
Business In Vancouver
Please click here to view the original PDF article.